Saturday, March 03, 2007

March Launch Scrubbed

We went to the launch site today. The launch was 'go' as of last night, but a dozen or so of us arrived at the launch site this morning at 9a and high winds made it clear we wouldn't be launching. We waited until about 10:30a to see if the winds would die down but they didn't so the club president officially scrubbed the launch and sent the equipment trailer away :(

picture of the rockets that I took with me to the 2007.03.03 launch

Above is a picture of the rockets that I took with me to the launch. I had expected to make my first high-power flight with the bullet today. While I didn't get to fly, I did get a chance to ask another club member to look over the rocket. The red and yellow is an Estes Baby Bertha kit that we've named Mighty Mouse - I actually took two of those today: one with a since 18mm motor mount and one with a cluster of 3x13mm motor.

No comments: